We’re all different, and we all have different sleep needs. For many people, a custom RV mattress based on those unique sleep needs can make an enormous difference in daily sleep quality and overall wellbeing.
If you are looking for a better sleeping surface for your RV, you should seriously consider getting a custom RV mattress for the best possible sleep.
Custom RV Mattresses vs. Standard RV Mattresses: What’s the Difference?
Custom RV mattresses are built with a specific, real individual like you in mind, while standard mattresses are not. Your custom RV mattress will be made to order based on your health needs, pain points, allergies, temperature needs, motion transfer sensitivity, and specific RV sleeping space requirements.
Standard vs. custom RV mattress sizes
Standard RV mattresses can come in a variety of sizes, although there may not be a standardized size that fits in your particular RV. The most common RV mattress sizes are:
- RV Bunk: 28 x 75”, 30 x 75”, 30 x 80”, 34 x 75”, or 35 x 80”
- Twin: 38” x 74”
- Twin XL: 38” x 80”
- Short Full: 48” x 74” or 48” x 75”
- Full: 53” x 74” or 53” x 75
- Short Queen: 60” x 74” or 50” x 75”
- RV Queen: 60” x 80”
- Olympic Queen: 66” x 80”
- Short King: 72” x 75”
- RV King: 70” x 80” or 72” x 80”
- California King: 72” x 84”
However, RV mattress sizes do not always exactly match these dimensions. RV versions of standardized mattresses may be slightly different shapes in some cases, and they do not always correspond to a similarly-named home mattress. Many RV sleeping spaces have unusual shapes that do not match any of the standardized options because the RV manufacturer wanted to add just a little more walking space.
Custom RV mattresses can be made in any size or shape. If your bed frame has cut corners, radius corners, or any other non-standard shape, a custom mattress manufacturer can help you out.
When you buy a custom RV mattress from a local mattress factory, you get:
- A mattress personalized to your sleep preferences, with customized fitting
- Better quality materials
- A lower environmental footprint
- The pleasure of supporting your local community
With customized layers of support, it’s hard to beat the value of a custom RV mattress when it comes to quality sleep.
Slumber Ease’s Custom RV Mattress Fitting Process
At Slumber Ease, we start every RV mattress fitting with a conversation. We want to understand your pain points and what you are looking for in a mattress. During a custom fitting session, we will ask questions like:
- Do you have any health issues you wish to address? (This may include pressure, pains, back fusions, arthritis, allergies, and anything else your mattress could help with.)
- Do you often wake up from your partner’s movement?
- Do you have any temperature sensitivity issues?
- Where and how often do you intend to use this mattress? Is it for your home, boat, or RV?
- What size and shape do you need? Is the mattress for an unusual bed size or shape?
- Do you need a foundation, or do you plan to place the mattress on a solid non-deflective surface?
Next, we will have you work with sample mattresses to determine the best top depth, core firmness level, and materials for your own and your partner’s needs. At our factory showroom, you will try out different mattresses until we narrow down the best option for you.
Couples are fitted as individuals first. After we have a fitting for each individual, we can combine what we learn to come up with the best option for both people.
FAQs About RV Mattresses
Do you offer radius corner RV mattresses?
Yes, we offer radius corner RV mattresses. We can work with whatever size, shape, and dimensions you need for your sleeping space.
Where are your RV mattress made?
All of Slumber Ease’s mattresses, including RV mattresses, are proudly made in the USA at our factory in Marysville, WA. You can stop by our factory showroom anytime to see how our products are made or get a custom fitting.