Shopping for different types of mattresses can be confusing.
If you look at the ads online, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by all the choices on the market. Different ads will try to convince you that different materials are more comfortable, and there are no guarantees that a mattress that sounds great online will actually be great for your individual body in real life.
Fortunately, there’s a simple way to sort through all these options. In this guide, we teach you how to identify the best mattress for your needs.
A Crash Course in Common Types of Mattresses
Most mattresses fall into one of three categories: innerspring, foam, or hybrid.
The most common and traditional mattress type is innerspring. These mattresses use coils surrounded by layers of other materials such as natural fibers or foam to achieve a solid level of support. There are many options available on the market at all budget levels, and they’re often better than foam for back support.
Foam mattresses, on the other hand, use combinations of different-density foams to create a soft, supportive bed. These mattresses can be made of latex, memory foam, polyurethane, and plenty of other materials depending on the desired effect, such as motion absorption or relief from joint pain. Natural latex mattresses are often marketed as hypoallergenic, while memory foam mattresses are known for their “sinking” feeling.
Hybrid mattresses use a combination of mattress materials and support techniques to make use of the advantages of both springs and foam materials. These mattresses typically offer a combination of moderate pressure point relief, back support, and temperature control.
Some stores also sell water beds and air mattresses, but these are rarely as comfortable and sleep-friendly as other mattress types.
You may think you already know what kind of mattress suits you best. In reality, though, reading descriptions of mattress materials is no substitute for the true test: trying out mattresses in real life.
The Truth About Buying a Mattress
Many people walk into a mattress store convinced they need a natural latex or memory foam mattress.
But after they’ve walked around the showroom and tried out the different materials, they wind up with a completely different material.
That’s because online articles can’t give you an accurate impression of how a mattress will feel to you. A mattress that sounds great online may not have enough support for you in real life, and materials that are marketed as comfortable are not always the most conducive to sleep.
If you want to find the mattress that is best for your individual sleep needs, you need to try out different mattresses in person.
5 Reasons to Look for Different Types of Mattresses From a Custom Mattress Factory
A custom mattress factory with a showroom gives you the best chance of finding your ideal mattress match. Here are some situations where a custom mattress can help:
- You and your partner have different sleep needs. A custom mattress factory can help you create a mattress that provides the ideal comfort layers and levels of support on each side.
- You want to save money on a high-quality mattress. When you buy directly from the mattress manufacturer, you get a better deal because you aren’t paying for a middle man.
- Your current mattress isn’t working for your body. A factory specialist can help you find the ideal option for your needs, whether you are struggling with joint pain, back pain, allergies, or other issues.
- You sleep in an unusual position. Different mattresses may feel more comfortable depending on whether you sleep on your back, side, or stomach. A custom mattress factory can suggest options that are likely to help you and allow you to test out different mattress layers for your best fit.
- You want to try out your mattress before you commit. It’s impossible to know what a mattress from an internet brand is like until it arrives in person, let alone compare it with other choices. The smartest action you can take is to try out different mattresses in a factory showroom so you can see what really works best for you.
Are You Ready to Find the Best Types of Mattresses?
Slumber Ease Mattress Factory in Marysville, WA offers a factory showroom where customers can try different support levels, materials, and layer combinations to find their best fit. We also have mattresses from other brands such as Purple so you can accurately compare your options. Stop by anytime from 10:00am to 6:00pm Monday-Saturday for your mattress fitting!
For more information about our custom fitting process, check out our blog.